The Room Reclaimers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Moribus
Moribus
Moribus
http://ddb.ac/characters/65192605/1NnHaU

Moribus Bio Empty Moribus Bio

Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:44 pm
Moribus is born an Aasimar, to a Waterdhavian noble in Waterdeep.  Despite his privilege, he is an outcast growing up, not just because of his strange appearance, but also because of his family’s heritage, who are renowned for their wealth and eccentricity.  From a young age, Moribus has divine visions, striving to do what is morally right, even in the face of adversity.

One day while walking home from school, he hears screaming in the woods.   “Help them” sas a voice in his mind that he’d grown accustomed to.  He approached the edge of the forest to find a tiefling named Kenku surrounded by kids from school.  They’re pushing her back and forth in the circle.  “Not so tough now, eh clip-clops?” shouts one of the kids.

Moribus approaches the group and the largest member of the circle steps forward to meet him.  It was the school’s most notorious bully Weiss.   “Lookie lookie, our favorite wingless bastard half breed is here to save the day.” says Weiss mockingly.  

“Let her go, she doesn’t deserve to be hurt like this.” said Moribus.  It’s not her fault she’s different.

“And if we don’t let goat face go, whatcha gonna do, goodie two shoes?” replied Weiss in a mocking manner.  Before Moribus could reply, Weiss charges forward, catching Moribus by surprise.

Both of them tumble to the ground and soon Weiss was pressing his entire body weight onto Moribus’s upper back, pinning him down.  “Now you get to watch your unloveable friend pay!” sneers Weiss.

The circle closes in tighter and the group pushes Kenku hard and more violently.   “Let me go!” screams Kenku desperately with tears in her eyes.

“Stop hurting Kiku!  I told you she doesn’t deserve this” shouts Moribus as he strains to break free.

Weiss presses his knee painfully into Moribus’s back, pushing his head down into the dirt to watch his friend suffer.

“Why don’t you go pray to your god for help?” says Weiss mockingly.

Moribus takes a deep breath and with all his might and determination, he grabs Weiss’s arm and rolls pushes into it, rolling over to a dominant position.  He pins Weiss’sarms down, pushing as hard as he can.  “No one loves you, you wingless bastard” shouts Weiss, unable to move.  

Moribus grabs onto Weiss’s throat and picks up, lifting Weiss the air.  “I told you she doesn’t deserve to be hurt like that” shouts Moribus.

“Let him go, this isn’t the right way” commands the voice in his mind, which Moribus ignores in his blind rage.

Weiss swings wildly, trying to break free.  Soon, his eyes roll into the back of his head and his body begins convulsing, but Moribus won’t let go.  Weiss’s friends watch in horror, pleading with Moribus to stop.  Two ghostly, skeletal wings sprout from his back as he turns to stare at the group with an unwavering gaze, his eyes now filled with pools of darkness.  He hurls Weiss’s lifeless body at the group, causing them to scatter in terror.

Moribus approaches Kiku, who is shaking in fear, staring at the lifeless corpse by her feet.  His throat has turned black where Moribus’s hand was accompanied by a rotten smell.

“We are children of two worlds.  Neither side accepts us, so it’s up to us to find our own way in life.  Come with me and I’ll make sure no one bothers you again for being different” says Moribus, holding out his hand.

“Please, d-don’t hurt me!” cries Kiku, stumbling backwards.  She gets back up and starts running away.

Moribus looks down at Weiss and feels a sense of dread as the realization of what just happened gradually sets in.  “What..have I done?!  How can I fix this?” he says to himself as tears start coming down his face.  

He drops to his knees and begins praying for forgiveness, only to be met with silence and an overwhelming sense of regret.  Forever changed, Moribus decides to run away from Waterdeep, searching for a way to find divine atonement for his sins.

GameMaster likes this post

GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin
https://roomreclaimers.forumotion.com

Moribus Bio Empty Re: Moribus Bio

Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:27 am
In addition to the flightless wings sprouting from your back, you find that a dimly glowing red gem has fused to the palm of your hand.

The gem casts dim light for 10 feet, and can be used as an arcane focus.

Additionally, the gem contains one charge. You may expend a charge from the gem to cast the spell "hellish rebuke" at second level.

The gem regains 1 charge after completion of a long rest.

((This item has been added to your DnDBeyond character sheet))

Finally, you may purchase up to 100 gold worth of basic gear (basic gear may be found in the player's handbook). Any gold, of the 100 gold, not spent in this way will be lost.

Moribus likes this post

Moribus
Moribus
Moribus
http://ddb.ac/characters/65192605/1NnHaU

Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:12 am
*claps excitedly, but not hard enough to hurt the gem, which he decides to name Manos*
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum