The Room Reclaimers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

02 - Room Reclaimers HQ

+4
Kirsten
Tygarn
bliebo36
GameMaster
8 posters
Go down
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin
https://roomreclaimers.forumotion.com

02 - Room Reclaimers HQ Empty 02 - Room Reclaimers HQ

Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:13 pm

Blue emerges from the cockpit. "Alright, Elle. Let's shut her down," he says, and he lifts Elle up to the hatch once again. She disappears for a moment onto the top of the plane, then reappears and jumps back down.

"Welcome to Room Reclaimers HQ," Blue says, throwing the door to the cabin open, and letting down the steps.

As you approach the now open doorway out of the ship, Blue standing to the side to let you all out first, you notice a elven woman standing in the street, watching the passageway out of the ship. She is dressed in fine wizards robes, and holding a gorgeous staff.

She smiles warmly at you as you make your way down the steps.

"Greetings," she says. "And welcome to Moenia Nihil Portae. Or, as people have come to refer to it,  Room Reclaimers HQ."

Elle makes her way down the stairs behind everyone else, trying her best to blend in. But the elven woman catches her and her smile quickly changes to a stern expression as she addresses the little girl.

"Ellle," she snaps "Get down here this instant."

Elle hangs her head and wordlessly obeys.

"I cannot believe you. How could you be so stupid? You go straight to your room, right now. I will be there very shortly. And we will talk about what you did. And what you will be doing for the foreseeable future."

Elle doesn't even bother protesting. She just shuffles off towards, away from the airship, and disappears into one of the buildings.

The woman watches Elle leave, and then her warm smile returns as she turns her attention back to the group.

"I am sorry about that," she says. "Kids," she adds with a shrug. "As I was saying, welcome to Moenia Nihil Portae. My name is Julianna. It is a pleasure to meet you all. And to thank you so much for helping out my little Elle. I don't know what we would have done if you all hadn't been there..." Her voice trails off as she imagines the unimaginable.

"Peter told me that he promised you all payment for your help. And he also tells me that you may want to come work for us? I am so glad to hear that. We have been looking to fill some recently... vacated positions for Reclaimers.

I have to go deal with my daughter. But Blue here will show you around the town, and get you set with your money. There is a room for each of you for tonight. We will have your job interview tomorrow morning."

Julianna bows her head and follows after her daughter, leaving you all in the company of Blue in the middle of this strange town.
02 - Room Reclaimers HQ Julianna
02 - Room Reclaimers HQ RR-HQ
bliebo36
bliebo36
Duncan

02 - Room Reclaimers HQ Empty Re: 02 - Room Reclaimers HQ

Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:57 am
Duncan is jumping up and down on his seat, completely enamored by the flight. He starts talking, to anyone who is even remotely paying attention to him

Oh wow this is amazing!!  Did you know that clouds poof away as you move through them?  How fast do you think we're going?  I bet I'm going faster than any Kender has ever gone before!  I'm going way faster than that time I tried to race ride the woolly mammoth!  Those are actually faster than you think after they get stung by a bunch of angry bees.

Once they land and hear the speech from Julianna Duncan turns to (Julianna if she's still there, or Blue if she's not) and asks

What happened to the people who were in the Room Reclaimers before?  Did you lose them somewhere?
Tygarn
Tygarn
TyGarn

Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:24 pm
Ty'garn nods and half listens to Julianna as she talks. His attention is mostly focused on the city.
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin

Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:49 pm
02 - Room Reclaimers HQ Blue"People who were in the Room Reclaimers before?" Blue asks, a puzzled expression on his face for a moment. Then recognition seems to dawn on him, followed by a very unaccustomed frown on the face of the consistently jovial bugbear.  "Oh," he says. "You must mean Bruno. How did you hear about that? We don't talk about Bruno. No, no no."
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin

Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:10 pm
02 - Room Reclaimers HQ RR-HQ"Alright," Blue says when Julianna has left. "Let's get you guys paid. Follow me."

Blue leads the group down the main street of the Room Reclaimers HQ, pointing out various buildings along the way.

"This is the mess hall. This is the dormitory. This is the gymnasium," he says pointing to various buildings as you pass through the town.

An explosion from a nearby building shakes the ground under your feet slightly. The group reaches for weapons, assuming some sort of attack is imminent, but Blue just chuckles.

"Oh, don't worry about that. That's just Leonard. He's from Genua. It's his job to try to figure out the properties of the artifacts, and how to use them. He's the one who designed the Fan-Tastic Voyager."

Blue continues leading you through deeper through the town. He leads you down side streets, moving away from the main street where the Fan-Tastic Voyager is parked. The buildings here are smaller, and a bit more dingy. He keeps pointing out various buildings as you go.

Finally, you come to a small, ramshackle building at the outskirts of the town. The rear of the building is just the outer wall of the town. A sign hanging from the doorway reads "BANK".

"Here we are," Blue says, stopping outside this supposed bank. "This is where Jorl lives and works. He's our treasurer. He'll get you all paid up." Blue pushes through the door to the bank, and beckons the you all to follow.
02 - Room Reclaimers HQ Blue

02 - Room Reclaimers HQ Jorl
Inside the small building is one dirty and messy room. There is a small bed pushed in the corner, and a desk with a chair, where a human wearing a turban sits. There is no other furniture in the room. But, the main feature of this room is not the furniture. It's the money.

Stacks and stacks of rolled coins are neatly laid out in piles all over this room. And even more coins are strewn about in large piles, presumably waiting to be rolled.

The man sitting at the desk is holing a pencil and feverishly tapping it, as quickly as he can, over and over again on the table. Each time he taps the pencil on the table, a copper coin appears. The man seems so intent on tapping his pencil, that he doesn't seem to notice the eight of you filing in to his work/living space. Blue clears his throat to get the man's attention. He looks up from his pencil tapping and notices everyone with a start.

"Blue!" he says, in a forced and overly friendly tone. "Welcome to my home! And my place of work! Where I never leave!"

"How are you, Jorl?" Blue says.

"I am terrible, Blue!" Jorl replies in the same overly friendly forced tone. "All I do all day is sit here at my desk and tap the pencil to make the money, and sort the money, and roll the money! Gotta make the money, Blue! Oh, life is pain!"

"I know, Jorl. Life is pain. I know," Blue replies, shrugging at the group and rolling his eyes. "You should have gotten a message from Peter, right? To pay the people who helped Elle? Well, here they are," he says, motioning to the party.

"Oh, Hello!" Jorl says to the group. "I heard that you saved Elle from Jerry! And murdered Jerry! And all the men with Jerry! Life is pain! Thank you for saving Elle, so that she may live out the rest of her long, painful life! I have already set aside the money that Peter promised to you!" Jorl gestures to 7 large sacks in a corner of the room. "It took me two full days to make all of those coins! But I will spend the next two full days making them again! Life is pain!"

Each of the large sacks contains 450 rolls of copper coins, each roll containing 100 coins apiece.
02 - Room Reclaimers HQ Copper%20rolls

Last edited by GameMaster on Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Kirsten
Kirsten
Kirsten

Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:17 am
Kirsten looks compassionately at Jorl.
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin

Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:14 pm
Blue addresses the group, who are noting the size of the sacks of coins.

"There are a few wheelbarrows out front that you can use," he says. "There are no stores or shops in Room Reclaimers HQ. But, if you go out the front gate and travel a couple of miles to Genua, there is a Fantasy Costco, if you would like to do some shopping.

We prepared a room for each of you in the dormitories, and someone will come and get you in the morning for your interview. Otherwise, feel free to explore the HQ. I'll be back at the Fan-Tastic Voyager for a little while, if you need anything or have any other questions."

Blue waves goodbye to the party, and makes his way back towards the airship.
02 - Room Reclaimers HQ Blue
RafV
RafV
Dwalin

Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:15 pm
Dwalin raises his finger. "I have a question, mr. Blue. Can you please tell us some more about this Leonard fellow? And why does Jorl insist that life is pain?"
Moribus
Moribus
Moribus
http://ddb.ac/characters/65192605/1NnHaU

Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:33 pm
"It was the least we could do, thank you for the support" says Moribus to Jorl.

Before heading to Fantasy Costo, Moribus swings by Julianna's place. He puts in a good word for Elle with her mom and suggests that her punishment get downgraded from being grounded to having ice cream only after dinner, for health reasons.

Persuasion roll 19
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin

Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:51 pm
The party loads the wheelbarrows with their sacks of coins, and begins rolling their barrows through the Room Reclaimers HQ towards the front gate.

A dwarf manning the front gate opens the gate and allows you to pass through.

The trail from Moenia Nihil Portae to Genua is, if not well traveled, well kept. The entire pathway there is paved, so you have no trouble wheeling your barrows. The journey takes about an hour, and is uneventful.

When you arrive at the large, sprawling, metropolis city of Genua, you immediately notice the Fantasy Costco right near the edge of the city.
02 - Room Reclaimers HQ Fantasy%20costco

As soon as you enter through the double doors of the Fantasy Costco, some magic charm goes off and a tune assaults your ears:

The store is massive, with aisle after aisle of merchandise in a no-frills, warehouse style. Here, you can find any general gear that you can imagine, and a wide assortment of magic items.

At the front of the store, at the register, is a tabaxi wearing a nametag reading "Hi, My Name is: Garfield, the Deals Warlock."
02 - Room Reclaimers HQ Garfield

((The Fantasy Costco has all "regular" gear, meaning anything that is available in the Player's Handbook, at the prices listed in the Player's Handbook. Fantasy Costco additionally has inventory that you can find at https://roomreclaimers.forumotion.com/t2-inventory-list))
Tygarn
Tygarn
TyGarn

Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:47 am
Ty'garn walks up to Garfield.

Hello Garfield, an absolute pleasure to meet you. The name's Ty'garn.

I can tell your a smart tabaxi, so I'm not going to mess around. I have this splint armor and, new, it goes for 200 gold. How about we make a deal? I'm looking at this spell storing ring and would like to make a trade. How about I give you this armor plus 325 gold, and we have ourselves a deal. You could easily get 125 gold for it and that's a nice little profit. What do you say, we have ourselves a deal?

GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin

Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:02 am
02 - Room Reclaimers HQ Garfield
The tabaxi looks at the armor.
"Do you have a receipt?" he asks, pointing to a sign above him.
RETURNS ACCEPTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE FOR UNUSED ITEMS*. PROOF OF PURCHASE REQUIRED.

*for store credit
Tygarn
Tygarn
TyGarn

Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:10 am

Sorry, that is my bad. I didn't purchase this mail from your fine establishment. I purchased it from a man that no longer needed it.
Kohak
Kohak
Kohak

Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:52 pm
Kohak walks up behind TyGarn just in time to hear the story he is spinning to the tabaxi. She decides to take a small pit stop in the bathroom and comes back up behind TyGarn. She puts her hand on his back as if she is patting it but instead wipes her hand dry.
Sooo TyGarn, you planning to split that loot with the rest of us? We all did the work that allowed you to lug it all the way here. Not to mention we should take a vote on what should be done with it considering your big mouth is probably going to get us, namely me, hurt again
RafV
RafV
Dwalin

Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:08 am
Dwalin walks up next to Kohak.

"We all fought together. You holding something that belongs equally to any one of us for yourself would not be very... peaceful of you."

Last edited by RafV on Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Kirsten
Kirsten
Kirsten

Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:17 am
Kirsten moves to stand behind Kohak and Dwalin and says to Ty'garn, "It would be wise to carefully consider what may happen next."
Tygarn
Tygarn
TyGarn

Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:16 pm
Ty'garn laughs.

Are you hearing this, Garfield, my warlock brother? These folk believe this armor belongs to them. That's very funny.

This one,

Ty'garn points to Kirsten,

she murdered a man with her pointy stick. Was that man a good man? No, but he wasn't a killer. The proof? He and I got into it and, when he got the best of me, he didn't kill me and, instead, just knocked me out. The price he paid for that good deed was death. She thinks she's a hero but she's no hero on my account. No! In fact, she declared to everyone in the room she wasn't trying to help me. If you ask me, I think she just likes murdering folk. Look into those eyes. Cold, icy death.

Alas, that brings us to this armor. This man no longer needed it and I, being a generous man, removed it from the most recently murdered corpse and proclaimed to the tavern woman that she may have this armor to help pay for damages... and also settle some debt I have incurred. Do you think these three spoke up at that moment and said, 'hey! That's our armor to split and not yours to trade?' The answer is no! They said nothing of the sort.

That tavern woman, she threw a fit at the suggestion she can have the armor to help pay for damages and my tab. Well screw her, I say. So I go and declare, 'I'm keeping the armor for myself and will keep the proceeds,' and I begin to walk out of the tavern. Do you think these fine vigilantes spoke up at that moment and said, 'hey!' That's our armor and you can't leave with it because we own it too.' The answer is no! They said nothing of the sort.

Then, we traveled for days. Days! And all those days we traveled, I carried this armor with me. Do you think these upstanding citizens you see before yourself said, 'hey! Let me help you carry that heavy armor, for we all share in the spoils?' The answer is no! They said nothing of the sort.

Being in your marvelous city, with its many wonders, I have laboriously dragged this heavy armor with me until I could cart it in a wheelbarrow to this fine establishment so I may barter with you for your wares. Like some crazy magic even my patron cannot fathom this dwarf has turned into a tiefling and now insists she needs this armor. Do you think these selfless folk would say, 'Ty'garn, you had removed the armor, you have declared the armor yours, you have carried the burden of the armor all this time, why don't you use it to purchase an item that will not only benefit you but the group?' Why no they do not. They said nothing of the sort.

Here they stand, all indignant like, some with disgusting manors, acting very childish. Why, each of us was given a generous sum of coin to spend as we please and I know you have an equal quality splint mail in your establishment because our benefactor claimed your store contains all items in the Players Handbook. Therefore, our new tieflinged dwarf can reach into her wheelbarrow and hand you two hundred newly minted coins for one of your splint mails and still have pockets full.

Now Garfield, I would like to continue our conversation about making a deal on this very interesting ring you have for sale. As you can see, the armor is very well sought after. Do we have a deal?
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin

Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:29 am
02 - Room Reclaimers HQ GarfieldGarfield points to the sign. "Do you have a receipt?"

Last edited by GameMaster on Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
RafV
RafV
Dwalin

Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:57 am
Dwalin says: "Huh... I just noticed that the armor you were lugging around dissipated, because you didn't write it down in your inventory. What exactly are you trying to pawn off to our good friend Garfield here? Thin air?"
Turning to Garfield: "Does your store have any policies against scammers?"
Kirsten
Kirsten
Kirsten

Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:18 am
Kirsten takes a step back in disbelief, "Days? Sir, that was just earlier today. Maybe you were injured more than we realized and we should get you to a healer." Kirsten's face turns weary, "I assumed you'd split whatever you obtained from an item jointly gained, and only when i saw that was not the case was it worth mentioning."
bliebo36
bliebo36
Duncan

Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:12 pm
Duncan wanders around the Fantasy Costco, fairly oblivious to what the other party members are doing.  

He thinks to himself This music is so interesting.  Maybe I should come up with some music to play so that people will know when I'm around!  I bet people would like a Duncan Herrofoot anthem playing all the time

He sees the Kender spoon of turning, but doesn't buy it because I know I have this somewhere already - I got it from my Uncle Tas!.  He sees the magical gloves that turn invisible when you wear them.  He tries to think how he can unwrap them and try them on to see what they look like when invisible, but decides this isn't the sort of place to just be opening wares.  He continues to wander around when he spots the Iron Bands of Bilarro, which seem very interesting so he tosses them into his wheel barrow to pay for later.  He keeps searching the costco, thinking Maybe there are some unclaimed artifacts lying around here, never know unless I look!  He picks up any trash he can find, and not knowing how to check if it's an artifact or not, he shakes each around to see what happens.  Duncan is in the back of the Costco when the argument starts at the front.
Kohak
Kohak
Kohak

Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:10 am
Kohak eyes roll in the back of her head and she almost passes out from boredom.
I figured the big dumb lizard needed a workout to carry the armor for me while I transitioned to a Teifling Fighter. Are you Transphobic or just a giant troll member? Either way, I think you need someone to shut your mouth for you.
Tygarn
Tygarn
TyGarn

Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:47 pm
Ty'garn sees Kohak get into fighting stance and says,

you're going to fight me for the armor? Nah mate, take it.

He holds it up in front of him.
bliebo36
bliebo36
Duncan

Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:51 am
Duncan goes to the front of the store to pay, and then he finally senses the tension between the other group members.  He sees Ty'Garn hand over the armor

Ty'garn how are you going to protect yourself from falling now!?  

Duncan scans the Costco fro a few moments, and then notices bags of clay along the wall.

Don't worry - I know just the thing that will help!  

Duncan piles a bunch of clay into his wheel barrow, goes to Garfield to pay for his bands and his clay, and then heads back (presumably with the rest of the group) to the compund
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin

Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:51 pm
02 - Room Reclaimers HQ GarfieldGarfield looks down at your wheelbarrows full of rolls of coins and sighs.

"You must be from that Room Reclaimer town. I do wish they would use larger denominations. Oh, well. Cash is cash."

He pulls out a large ledger and opens is. Inside the ledger, each page has two columns of matching numbers. He writes down the items in each purchase next to a number in the first column, then writes it again in the second column next to the same number. He then tears out the portion of the page with the number and his written inventory of the purchase from the second column.

"Thank you for shopping at The Fantasy Costco. Where all your dreams come true." he says, handing over the receipt.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum