The Room Reclaimers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

02 - Room Reclaimers HQ

+4
Kirsten
Tygarn
bliebo36
GameMaster
8 posters
Go down
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin
https://roomreclaimers.forumotion.com

02 - Room Reclaimers HQ - Page 2 Empty Re: 02 - Room Reclaimers HQ

Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:34 am
Having made your purchases, or determined items that you want to save up for in the future, you all wheel you barrows back out of the door to the fantasy Costco, and back down the trail leading to Moenia Nihil Portae.

The trail is as easy to walk, and push a heavy wheelbarrow, on the return journey as it was the first time around.

About halfway through the journey, there is a faint buzzing noise overhead, and the Fan-Tastic Voyager flies above, also headed for the town.

You make it back to the gates around mid-day. The dwarf who let you out of the gates a couple of hours ago see you approaching, and lowers the gate for you to enter back into Moenia Nihil Portae.

The gate opens up to the main street, and the Fan-Tastic Voyager is back where it was before you left the town, with Blue circling around it checking to make sure everything is in good shape and operational.
02 - Room Reclaimers HQ - Page 2 RR-HQ
Kirsten
Kirsten
Kirsten

Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:05 am
Kirsten pays close attention to the people and things around her, somewhat suspicious of new people and places she is deciding if she trusts these people.
bliebo36
bliebo36
Duncan

Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:18 am
Duncan returns to HQ excited about his purchases.  He intends to head to his room to start working on his new project, but as he's walking around he remembers the explosion and his curiosity gets the best of him.  He turns around and drags his wheel barrow across campus, heading into the building to find Leonard and whatever made that big explosion.
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin

Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:48 pm
Duncan wheels his barrow through town until he arrives at the building Blue previously described as Leonard's workshop. A sign above the door to the building reads "LEONARD'S WORKSHOP."

Duncan rams his wheelbarrow through the doors, and follows into the building.

Inside is a workshop with various tables and work benches set up. Beakers with different colored liquids are on top of some of the surfaces, half-completed contraptions on others. Tools and bits of debris are strewn about the messy workspace.

on a back wall of the shop is a steel cabinet with lots of individual compartments. Each compartment is locked with a separate combination lock.

A male gnome is standing at a table, observing what appears to be a clock. Next to the clock is what appears to be a steaming trumpet that is melting away.

The gnome looks up from the melting trumpet to see who just barged into his workshop.

"Well, hello. Who might you be, and what can I help you with?" he asks convivially.
02 - Room Reclaimers HQ - Page 2 Leonard
bliebo36
bliebo36
Duncan

Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:36 am
Duncan walks in with his hand outstretched to Leonard.  

Hello!  My name is Duncan Herrofoot.  Are you Leonard?

Duncan takes in the scene, and is amazed at all the different things going on in.  After shaking hands with Leonard, Duncan instinctually grabs one of the beakers and examines it.

Are you a gnome?  I'm friends with all sorts of gnomes.  Do you speak gnomish??  I picked up some Gnomish during my travels.

In Gnomish Duncan continues

I came here in a group with Elle.  Have you heard the story about how I saved Elle's life?  Well Kirsten and the others might have helped a little too...  Do you build artifacts here!?  How are they made?  If you find an artifact on the street how do you know if it's an artifact or just a normal interesting object?  I've been searching for artifacts since I heard about them and haven't found even one!
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin

Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:59 am
"Hello, Duncan. Yes, I am Leonard," Leonard says, taking the kender's hand and shaking it quickly before turning his attention back to the melting trombone. Distractedly, with his attention clearly more focused on the trombone than on Duncan, Leonard continues,

"Oh you want to know more about the artifacts. Well, we all want to know more about the artifacts, don't we. I traveled here and live here now just so I can study the artifacts. I suppose one workshop is as good as the next workshop. And it's not as if the trip from Genua was terribly far. Terribly interesting, these artifacts. You can't build an artifact, of course. They can't be created or destroyed, as far as I can tell. Which begs the question, how did they get here? They seem like they all come from The Room? Have you been to The Room? You can access it with The Key. Unfortunately, I have heard that we no longer have possession of The Key. Pity. I feel I was very close to finally understanding more about The Room and the artifacts."

He leans in closer to study the trombone, and coughs a little from inhaling the steam drifting upwards off of the trombone. He continues, "How can you tell if you have an artifact? Well, obviously if you see that a common item is causing some uncommon thing to happen, it may be an artifact. But, then again, it may be a magic item. Magic items tend to cause odd things to happen as well. Of course, the artifacts are not magic. They are... something else. They give off no magical aura. So, a detect magic spell would be useless in detecting an artifact.

The best way I have devised for determining if an object is an artifact is to destroy the object. Of course, artifacts cannot be destroyed. So, if you destroy the item, then it was not an artifact."

bliebo36
bliebo36
Duncan

Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:32 am
Well I wanted to see the room, but then someone came and stole the key from Elle.  I'm hoping to help find the key so that someone will take me to see the room.  Is it amazing? What kind of room is it, a castle?

Duncan looks around the room and notices the steel cabinet.

If you came here to study artifacts, so you must have some here?  What are your most interesting artifacts? Can I see them!?!?
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin

Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:40 am
02 - Room Reclaimers HQ - Page 2 Leonard"Oh, I think that every artifact is just as interesting as every other artifact. Have you seen Jorl's pencil? Fascinating!

And, look at this clock. It appears that this clock has the ability to sublimate brass. I am working on some very interesting applications for this ability! I just have to work out how to reconstitute the brass, and feed it back to the clock...

The Room is just a common looking room. Each of the dormitory rooms are modeled to look like it. Have you been to the dormitories yet? Take a look at those rooms, and that is what The Room looks like.

The rest of the artifacts in my shop are locked away in those cabinets over there. Quite an ingenious design, if I say so. The steel compartments prevent the artifacts from interacting with each other. And each compartment is secured by a devilishly complex locking mechanism I designed. It requires a five number passcode, and each number on the dial is four digits."
bliebo36
bliebo36
Duncan

Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:10 pm
Sublima... Brass?  What does that mean?  Duncan turns his attention from the clock to the trumpet  Oh is the clock melting that?!  If I touch it will I melt??  Duncan reaches his hand out to grab the clock, and then hesitates.

Well actually, it looks like you might be able to help me.  See I have this friend. He is a dragonborn, but I think he lost his tail when he was younger.  Now he doesn't know how to balance!  He keeps falling down and hitting his head.  When I met him he was asleep, and then he kept forgetting things... Anyway we found this fancy armor that I thought might help, but I think someone else in our group needed it even more, and so he graciously gave it away.  So I was thinking - maybe I could build him a tail!

Duncan motions to the wheelbarrow filled with clay

I bought this Clay to build him a tail he could attach to his body.  I was hoping we could build an artifact, but it doesn't sound like that's possible. But do you have any artifacts that you think could help??
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin

Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:24 pm
"A dragonborn with no tail?" Leonard looks up from the sublimating trumpet to consider Duncan's questions."Are you sure he's not just a gem dragonborn? They do not have tails, you know. But, you say he is falling down because he can't keep his balance without the tail? Well, then that doesn't sound like a gem dragonborn."

He slams his hand down on the table in excitement. "Yes! A dragonborn prosthetic tail! Made of clay, nonetheless! A brilliant idea. Did you measure the dragonborn precisely? No matter, I can craft the tail based on average dragonborn dimensions. Let me see here"

Leonard scrambles around his workshop, picking up various pieces of paper and looking at them before discarding them back to where they came from until he seems to find what he is looking for scrawled on the back of a menu for a restaurant in Genua:

02 - Room Reclaimers HQ - Page 2 Vetruvian%20man

"Yes, yes. This will do nicely. A clay prosthetic tail for a dragonborn! You can just leave the clay with me and I will get right to work on it. Come back in, say, three days. To have time to fire the clay in the kiln."

After his bout of excitement over the prospect of the prosthetic tail, Leonard returns to studying the trumpet with his full attention.
Tygarn
Tygarn
TyGarn

Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:18 pm
Tired of eating potatoes, Ty’garn looks for some place to order a well cooked meal.
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin

Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:45 pm
Ty'Garn makes his way to the mess hall that Blue pointed out in their tour of the town. He wheels his wheelbarrow through the front doors and into a large room with tables and chairs set up in rows. A few small groups of patrons occupy some of the tables, and there is a window on the far end of the room with a dwarf standing behind it.

The other occupants of the room pay no attention as Ty'Garn pushes his wheelbarrow across the cafeteria and approaches the window.

"'Afternoon to ye," the dwarf says. "Ye must be one of the new recruits. What ken I git for ye?"
02 - Room Reclaimers HQ - Page 2 Benny%20Hana
Tygarn
Tygarn
TyGarn

Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:45 pm

Sir, everything smells delicious with my empty stomach. Let’s see whatcha got.

Ty’garn looks at the trays of food and orders fish, veggies, and bread. He then takes his tray and picks out a table with one or two people and asks,

mind if I join ya?

Persuasion: 25
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin

Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:32 pm
The dwarf disappears into a kitchen area behind the window. Minutes later, he reappears carrying a tray with a plate of grilled salmon steak served on a bed of fried vegetables, and a basket of bread on the side. He hands the tray through the window to Ty'Garn.02 - Room Reclaimers HQ - Page 2 Gourmet-salmon-dinner-7799387

02 - Room Reclaimers HQ - Page 2 Cardamom%201
02 - Room Reclaimers HQ - Page 2 Raisin_1
Ty'Garn takes his tray and heads for a table with a large man sitting with a petite woman. "Mind if I join ya?" he asks.

The man looks up from shoveling food into his mouth from his plate. "Thore!" he says, spewing crumbs onto the table. He takes a big swallow and continues. "The more the merrier! You must be one of the new recruits we've heard about. My name is Cardamom, and this is my sister, Raisin. Pull up a chair."

Raisin scowls at Ty'Garn, and continues picking daintily at her meal.
Kirsten
Kirsten
Kirsten

Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:16 am
(When it's time to go to our rooms) Kirsten takes sticky sap from a nearby tree and sticks a strand of hair across the door to see if anyone enters during the night
Tygarn
Tygarn
TyGarn

Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:29 am
Ty’garn, as a Dragonborn, is accustomed to racist humans and is not phased by Raisin’s nasty disposition. Instead, he takes the opportunity to sit close with the much friendlier Cardamom.

A pleasure to meet you Cardamom, the name’s Ty’garn. And yes, I am a new recruit though I am to believe there is some sort of interview process. Any idea what that’s all about? Well, anyway, i just happened to get caught up in some crazy situation with a little girl and a key and I’m seeing where it takes me.

This is a very interesting city. Seems it’s teeming with magic. I rode here on a flying boat, in fact!

Enough about me, my friend, how long have you been here? What’s your experience been like?

Ty’garn listens to Cardamom and tries to civilly eat his meal rather than gorge like he would like to do.
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin

Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:41 pm
02 - Room Reclaimers HQ - Page 2 Raisin_1

"Not sho mush magic here," Cardamom says, his mouth full from shoveling more food into it. "Shame ash anywhere else," he says, pointing to a spot at the table. A shower of sparks erupts from his finger. Raisin rolls her eyes and continues picking at her food. Cardamom swallows, and continues, "We've got the artifacts here. But they're not magic. They're the artifacts. Blue's Fan-Tastic Voyager's not magic. Leonard made it. With The Fan." He shovels some more food into his mouth.

"Oh, the interfiew!" he says, spraying crumbs across the table. "You remember our 'interfiew', Raithin?"

Raisin scowls at her brother, "Of course I remember the interview. Don't talk with your mouth full. And don't spray sparks around the table."

Cardamom gulps down his mouthful of food and continues, despite the cold reception his question received from his sister. "Yeah the interview was hard. I never would have made it through without Raisin. It was hard. But it's worth it. It's great here. The food is great. The rooms are nice. The pay is good. It's great, right Raisin?"

Raisin does not look up from her food in response to Cardamom's latest inquiry.

"It's fine," she snaps. "Stop your prattling on."
Tygarn
Tygarn
TyGarn

Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:11 pm

Not magic?! This truly is fascinating to me. I don’t understand how that works but I suppose if I pass this interview I will learn more.

And you said you and your sister did the interview together? I figured it was more of a one on one kind of situation. I came here with a group, you suppose we’ll all be interviewed together like you and your sister? Also, if you could give me a heads up about the interview, like what it’s like in there, that would be greatly appreciated.

And, by the way, it’s been an absolute pleasure to sit here and enjoy this meal with you. I really do hope I pass this interview so me and you can work together one day. You’re a good man, Cardamom.

Interesting name, too. Where you from originally?
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin

Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:50 pm
"We did our interview together," Cardamom says. "I don't know what they have planned for you." He shrugs. "We're from Solace. I hear you are from there, too. Does Tika still make those spiced potatoes? Benny Hana is great, and he can make pretty much whatever you ask for. But I sure do miss Tika's famous spiced potatoes."
Tygarn
Tygarn
TyGarn

Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:08 am

You know what mate, I believe this delicious meal has made me a bit tired. I better get some rest before this interview. It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope to see you around.

Ty’garn stands up, looks to see if he has to bus his own tray, and acts accordingly. He takes the wheelbarrow and remaining loot and looks for a nice, quiet spot to sit and reflect on how his day has gone.
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin

Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:00 am
Ty'Garn wheels his barrow out of the mess hall, and towards the center of town where he noticed a pavilion where he could sit in the shade and reflect. He posts up at the pavilion, and watches the quiet town center. Occasionally some person exits one building and enters another. There is no significant activity, and no one seems to notice the dragonborn occupying the pavilion.
02 - Room Reclaimers HQ - Page 2 Nice-modern-pavilion-sunny-town-square-29911932
bliebo36
bliebo36
Duncan

Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:46 pm
Oh thank you! I'm sure he'll be so happy.

Duncan grabs his wheel barrow to head to his room. Right beside he leaves he remembers the lockers with the artifacts in them. As Leonard gets distracted duncan sneaks over to try and unlock them.
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin

Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:36 pm
Unsuccessful at breaking into the cabinets, Duncan wheels his barrow back out of Leonard's workshop.

Everyone spends the day exploring the town a little bit. Everyone stops by the mess at some point for at least one meal. Benny Hana, the dwarf behind the window at the mess hall, takes each order and comes back with a gourmet version of whatever is requested. There is a full gym with weights and sparring areas for anyone who wants to get in a training session. There are also racquetball courts, and a full sized pool.

Eventually, everyone heads to the dormitories to find your rooms. All seven of your rooms are in one hallway of the dorms, and each of your names appears on one of the doors.

Inside your room, you find comfortable accommodations. The bed is soft. There are a couple lamps, and some candles to put in them. Each room has its own bathroom with a toilet that flushes. ((There is no telephone on the wall))

02 - Room Reclaimers HQ - Page 2 Dorm%20rooms

The following morning, each of you wakes up well rested after a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed. Kirsten checks her hair alarm, and sees that the hair is still stuck in place, just like she left it.

Everyone emerges and heads to the mess hall for breakfast. Blue is there, waiting for you. After everyone has had their fill of whatever you ask for Benny to make for breakfast, Blue comes over to greet you as a group.

02 - Room Reclaimers HQ - Page 2 Blue
"Good morning, everyone," He says. "I hope you all had some time to look around our campus yesterday, and enjoyed a few meals prepared by our in-house chef Benny. And I hope you found your rooms comfortable. If you'll all follow me, we can start your interview so that we can make you all official Reclaimers."

Blue leads you out of the mess hall, and through the exterior of the town again, talking to you as he goes.

"This interview is probably going to be different from any other interview you had before. Interview is probably not the best word for it. It's more of a test. And also, a team building exercise. We get the feeling that the seven of you might benefit from some team building, from what we heard from Garfield.

We spent a good part of yesterday and last night getting the interview ready for you,"
he says, stopping in front of a large building.

"Everyone who works and lives in this town has gone through some version of this interview. It's pretty simple. All you have to do is go through these doors," he gestures to a set of swinging double doors leading into the building he stopped in front of, "and then find your way back out again. You will have one hour from the time you go through the doors until you have to make it back outside. Just go through when you're ready. But you all have to go through, and come back out, together."
Kohak
Kohak
Kohak

Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:07 am
Kohak thoughtfully looks around at her party while finishing up her pigs in a blanket. She shoves the last bit in her mouth and swallows it washing it down with the hot chocolate. She lets out a cough, a belch, pounds her chest, and slams both hands on the table.
Ah! That was good! Ready when you lot are.

Moribus
Moribus
Moribus
http://ddb.ac/characters/65192605/1NnHaU

Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:13 am
Alright, let's do this! Everybody ready for the group interview? asks Moribus as he does a heroic pose in front of the doors.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum