The Room Reclaimers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin
https://roomreclaimers.forumotion.com

Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home Empty Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home

Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:24 am
Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home Autumn_treehouse_by_daveybaker_des6sjg-350t.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMzA5YWU2NjQtOWU2YS00MWY5LTg3OGUtMzA5MzhlODYzYWJkXC9kZXM2c2pnLTZmOTE5Mzk5LWY2NDUtNDM0NS05MzQxLTRhNWE2NjYyMWQxMy5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19 It is a dark and dreary morning, rain pelting you and the ground as you make your way to The Inn of the Last Home for your breakfast, before you head over to the boards in the town center of Solace to check on any available jobs for adventurers. There haven't been any postings for jobs there for months, and you don't want to brave this weather just to find another empty board. But, you also haven't had a job in months. And the rent is coming due. And Tika can't keep extending credit for those potatoes.

The inn is empty, aside from Tika behind the bar, and the four of you. A fire blazes in the fireplace, casting warmth and light to all corners of the cozy inn, and blocking the dark and dreary weather from invading. Tika comes around and serves you all a plate of her famous spiced potatoes, and a steaming hot cup of coffee. She heads back behind the bar and makes a note in her ledger, then drifts back into the kitchen humming to herself.

You all sit and nurse your coffees and potatoes, staving off minute by minute the time where you will have to leave the comfort of Tika's inn and brave the weather outside, just for the disappointment of an empty board, and a difficult conversation with the landlord.
Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home Tumblr_llojazOZEL1qekw8a
((Please go to https://app.roll20.net/join/12203858/TvR0DQ and join the campaign on Roll20))

Place your character where you would like it to be on the map (in Roll20):

Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home Innlasthome

Last edited by GameMaster on Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tygarn
Tygarn
TyGarn

Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home Empty Re: Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home

Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:19 am
Ty'garn, seeing he is the first to enter the inn, takes a seat at the bar.

Tika, you are as beautiful as you are generous.  I will pay my tab, and then some, once I get a job.  I feel like today's the day.

When Tika walks away, as if talking to himself, Ty'garn says,

of course, we'll beat the crap out of a noble soon.  I can't keep eating potatoes forever.  Get out of my head!
Kirsten
Kirsten
Kirsten

Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home Empty Re: Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home

Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:58 pm
Kirsten lies down on her back on the ground, eyes closed, in front of the fire. She is sprawled in the same shape as the bearskin rug beneath her, and is contemplating possible thoughts the bear had on it's last day on this earth...and also if Ava would be there soon.
bliebo36
bliebo36
Duncan

Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:47 pm
Duncan trots merrily up the stairs and into the Inn thinking "Today's weather sure isn't very interesting, why have we had so much rain recently?? But on the bright side at least I do get to splish splosh around!"

As he enters, he sees Tika and beams, waving his hand high. "Hi Tika!"  

He then scans the room, and only sees a few other people, none of them seem to be having any fun, and thinks "Oh my, no one here must know how to splish splosh, maybe someone needs to show them how."

So Duncan makes his way around the room towards the fire, because for some reason he has this strange shiver that just won't go away right now.  He sees Kirsten beside the fire.  He notices her eyes are closed, probably trying to figure out the most interesting thing to do in this weather.  So he tries to get her attention, and starts jumping up and down, splish sploshing in his cold wet shoes and socks, pointing to his feet, with a huge smile on his face and says to Kirsten "See!?!"
Kohak
Kohak
Kohak

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:46 pm
Kohak takes a seat at the bench in the back right corner.  She methodically puts her bag on the bench and proceeds to take out items and place them on the table leaving room for her spiced potatoes and very necessary coffee.  Kohak starts humming to herself and constructing some sort of rain blocking tool with a staff, rope and leather. With her head remaining down she moves her eyes upwards to see the approaching figure. She looks back down and says, "Moribus."
Moribus
Moribus
Moribus
http://ddb.ac/characters/65192605/1NnHaU

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:54 pm
Moribus strolls in from his morning walk, wet from the rain.  He waves excitedly at everyone, then notices Kirsten, who seems to be pretending she's a bear.   Moribus thinks to himself "Hmm, maybe bear is her power animal...good choice."  

Hi Tika, I'll have a green tea today.  I'm watching my immune system. Can't be too careful with all this rain going on.

He then notices Kohak in the corner of the room, who is focused on building something.  Interested, he walks over and takes a seat across the table.

After observing for a few seconds, without asking, Moribus shines light from his palm on Kohak's incomplete invention and explains Oh, if I hadn't mentioned it yet, I have this neat flashlight in my hand.  I call him Manos.  Thought you could use some better lighting.  
Kirsten
Kirsten
Kirsten

Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:22 pm
The sound of thumping and sloshing water permeates Kirsten's very deep and very serious thoughts. She squints open her left eye and sees a noticeably tall kender jumping up and down with a large smile on his face while pointing down at his shoes, the culprit of the intrusive sounds.

Kristen, with her right eye still tightly shut, tries to remain very deep and very serious, but a grin slips it's way onto her pursed lips. She glances quickly over at Tika to make she she isn't looking before getting up and grabbing a mug from a nearby table. Kirsten pours out it's contents on her shoes and begins lightly stomping in cadence with Duncan.
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin

Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:52 pm
Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home Tika Tika glides around the cozy inn, caring for all of the few customers who braved the dreary weather this morning.

She politely accepts Ty'Garn's unwanted flirting, responding with a sweet smile. She musters a believable amount of enthusiasm as she waves hello to the irrepressible Duncan.

She brings Moribus a cup of tea in a green ceramic mug. "Best I can do," she says to him, smiling apologetically as she notices some motion and a squishing sound coming from the other side of the inn.

She sighs with a resigned smile to herself. "Kirsten," she calls across the room. "Please don't encourage the kender."

Without waiting to see if Kirsten and Duncan stop making a mess of her bear skin rug, Tika busses Dwalin's table and disappears into the kitchen.
bliebo36
bliebo36
Duncan

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:27 am
"Ahh Great job - just a little more to the left like this..."

Duncan stops his splish sploshing for a moment and says

"My name is Duncan Herrofoot!  I haven't seen you around here before, Do you come here often??"

Duncan pauses a moment, and then excitedly remarks

"Oooooh are you an Elf?  Are you from Rivendell??  I travelled through there one time, they have the most wonderful trees.  Not better than the trees here of course"

Duncan nervously looks around making sure no one overhead him, not wanting to offend anyone in town where they are obviously very proud of their trees

"But it was an amazing place to see!  Though the dungeons weren't the nicest I've ever seen.  Oh do you know lots of other elves?  I drew this picture of a giant elf I saw..."

Duncan unloads his packs and places all of his belongings on the floor, finding his book of pictures he drew.  He starts flipping through them, and excitedly finds the one of an elf he drew

"Do you know this elf!?  Can't remember his name.  Legoland maybe?  He misplaced his ring, and then got mad at me when I found it, even though I was on my way to return it to him!"

Last edited by bliebo36 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tygarn
Tygarn
TyGarn

Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:30 pm

Well, I think that's all the crazy I can take this morning. Tika, now's time to hit the boards for some work. Need to make that coin. Thanks for breakfast, luv.

Ty'garn drops his fork on the plate and moves to the door, intent on going to the center of town.

RafV
RafV
Dwalin

Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:07 am
Dwalin sits in the corner that has a view of both the stairs and the main area, as well as a view out of the window. He's staring out at the rain, finding a soothing comfort in it, as people start coming in. He turns his head to look at the comings and goings of the tavern. The elf, half and otherwise, the kender, the dragonborn, the aasimar and the other dwarf... . He sees them walk in one by one. The kender's antics seem the most entertaining. Nursing his tankard, he leans back, watching the kender splish-sploshing on the bear rug, bothering the elf.
Kirsten
Kirsten
Kirsten

Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:55 am
Kirsten fains a guilty look that quickly dissipates as soon as Tika is out of sight in the kitchen. A barrage of questions come at Kirsten from Duncan and she tries her best to answer them. "Hi, I'm Kirsten. I'm not from around here, but I'm staying here. I don't know many elves. Where I'm from there weren't many around, and it doesn't matter anyway because they're all..." A shadow momentarily passes over her face before she quickly changes the subject and points at the drawing.

"That's a very nice likeness you made there, and I'm sorry to hear he was so unreasonable." With her index finger, she lingeringly traces the outline of drawing's ears. It reminds her of a character in her book, but she doesn't say that. Instead she pulls out her playing cards and in return for his candor offers to show him what she passes off as a very ancient elvish illusion.
avasarala
avasarala
Avasarala

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:19 pm
Ava finishes her letter and beckons for Tika as she re-enters the room. Ava places the folded letter on Tika's tray with a few extra coins. The barmaid nods and starts to turn away, but Ava holds up one finger, chugs the rest of her drink and puts it on the tray with an extra coin before waving the woman off.

Apologies for the holdup. I had an urgent message to send. But our quest has my total attention now.
bliebo36
bliebo36
Duncan

Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:47 pm
Thank you I do have a great collection of...

Duncan starts to respond to Kirsten after she mentioned his drawing is nice, and then is immediately drawn to the Illusion when it starts

Oooo wow that's wonderful!

Duncan starts circling around the cards, trying to figure out how the illusion is being created.  He ends up with his body limbo style under the table and his head sticking out. He turns to Kirsten

Are you a magician?  Can you teach me magic?  I come from a long line of magical Kender you know.  My uncle Tas did all sorts of magic.  One time he transformed himself into a mouse and travelled through time!  No one has ever taught me magic though.  I'm sure if you showed me, I'd be a great magician.
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin

Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:26 am
Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home Tika Tika forces herself to maintain a smile as Ava wordlessly beckons her and gives her silent orders. At least this customer is paying... Tika is not sure why Ava thinks she is a mail carrier. She makes a mental note to put the letter with the rest of her outgoing mail to give to the mail carrier tomorrow as she disappears again into the kitchen.

Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home D97a6b2084532e7314f5f7dcdf4113d1Suddenly, the kitchen door bursts open, and a harsh white light invades the warmth of the fireplace-lit inn.  A small child's panicked shrieks pierce through the merriment of Duncan and Kirsten's playful introductions, and a half-elf child runs out of the open door, screaming.

Before the door closes, eight more figures burst through, weapons in hand, and pursuing the half-elf girl. Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home Vs7HMgT

((Everyone roll initiative and post what you want to do for your first action))

Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home 02-1
Tygarn
Tygarn
TyGarn

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:29 pm

Haha, you guys are so dumb. You’re so dead! Do you even know what you just walked into? A den of vicious loonies!

Ty’garn points to Kirsten.

This one… she may not understand the intricacies of chairs but she is deadly with that bow.

Next he points to Duncan.

This little girl, she is a dangerously deadly bard. Her talking alone will cause you to want to end your life. Trust me, I know.  I’ve come close this morning.

Now pointing to Moribus.

This one you really have to worry yourselves. I hear this Aasimar was so bored of his immortality and have done everything goodie goodies to do, he decided to kill an entire village and drank the blood of two babies just for kicks.

Here you’ve barged in to this nice lady’s tavern and you’ve caused a scene. I want to help you live. How about you drop all your coin, an anything of value, take your screaming brat and never come back. Otherwise, I suggest you enjoy your last breaths.

Ty’garn’s right arm begins to glow green.

Intimidation: 18

Last edited by Tygarn on Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kirsten
Kirsten
Kirsten

Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:53 pm
Kirsten looks over surprised at the cacophony emanating from the other side of the room and reflexively stretches her hand towards her bow. In a comanding voice she exclaims, "First of all, just because one doesn't use a chair, doesn't mean one doesn't know how." She then adds somewhat mockingly, "And second of all, why are so many armaments necessary for a mere child?"
RafV
RafV
Dwalin

Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:55 pm
Dwalin sighs. There's always someone looking for trouble in a tavern. At least this time, it's not him. He shoves his chair back. SQUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! The legs make a godawful squeeking sound over the floor... Hopefully Tikka didn't notice, as it may well have caused some minor damage on it... . Dwalin sighs once more and starts focuses on the centermost villain. He imagines a sphere of pure serenity going outward from that villain, calming everyone within a 20ft radius. He concentrates on all the hostile thoughts towards the little half-elf girl and has the sphere wash them away.

((Calm emotions, CHA saving throw with a DC of 13. When failing the saving throw, they will become indifferent towards the half-elf girl until attacked, harmed by a spell, or see a buddy of theirs being harmed.))
avasarala
avasarala
Avasarala

Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:02 pm
Ava glances at Ty’garn and gives a half smile. She can’t help respecting someone who spins chaos into an opportunity for more coin. But, she also suspects that bloodied hands but pure of heart Kirsten will want to help the young hafu more than scoring enough for elevensies. Ava slides her dagger from its sheath and into her left hand while slowly heading behind the bar for a more tactical position.
bliebo36
bliebo36
Duncan

Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:33 pm
Duncan is surprised by the harsh light and the loud noise. He looks over to see the scared girl and her pursuers, grabs his hoopak and a couple of rocks, and moves closer to the front of the the Inn to get a better view of what's happening.
Kohak
Kohak
Kohak

Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:02 pm
Kohak remains seated and put down her crafts project. She looks up at the commotion in the room and sees the half-elf and her pursuers.
"What's all this about"
She focuses on the pursuer closest to her and detects his thoughts asking the question,
What do you want with her?
Moribus
Moribus
Moribus
http://ddb.ac/characters/65192605/1NnHaU

Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:10 pm
Moribus is very concerned, casts Armor of Agathys on himself, gets up from the table and turns around to see what's happening.
GameMaster
GameMaster
Admin

Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:17 pm
ROUND ONE

Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home AvaSensing that this situation may be turning violent towards more than just this screaming, fleeing, child, and that she may get caught up in the violence, Avasarala slips from her seat and slides a dagger out of its sheath. She quietly proceeds to find some cover behind the bar, a more defensible position should violence escalate.

Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home Ty-garn%20faceMeanwhile, Ty'Garn admonishes the men for busting into the inn and causign a raucus. He threatens them with violence should the disruption continue. Ty'Garn ropes some of the others in the inn into his soliloquoy, putting others into danger should these men take the threats seriously, but not be frightened by them. He pumps up some of the other occupants of the inn, insults some of the occupants of the inn, and ignores some of the occupants of the inn entirely.

About half of the men chasing the girl seem to think twice about what they're doing, stopping in their tracks and looking around as if to ask each other, "What should we do now?"  

A few of the men ignore Ty'Garn entirely, still in pursuit of the small screaming elf child.

The man in the back of the room appears angered and annoyed by Ty'Garn, and reaches behind his back to unsling a heavy crossbow.

Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home KohakKohak clears the bad weather device that she was assembling off of the table. She pulls out her wand, waves it vaguely towards the pursuer closest towards the girl, and calls out "What do you want with her?"

The pursuer ignores her question.

The three men who did not seem influenced by Ty'Garn's puffery continue to run towards the elf girl. One of them swings his sword at her, but she dodges aside easily and it swings harmlessly through the air.

The other two sheath their swords and try to grab the girl. One dives for her feet, and she jumps over him as she runs towards the door.

The other grabs her by the arm, but she is able to wriggle free and make a run for it!
Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home Vs7HMgT

Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home Duncan%20faceDuncan, seeing the small child may be in trouble, but not sure yet exactly what's going on slings his hoopak from over his shoulder and gets a few rocks ready to hurl at people. He dashes forward to get closer the the action, and to get a closer look, taking cover behind a chair.

Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home KirstenKirsten, noting the insult flung her way during Ty'Garn's rant, stands up and knocks an arrow in her bow, waiting to see what happens next.

Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home DwalinDwalin noisily stands from his seated position, thrusting the chair back as he does. He grasps an amulet in his hands, focusing on a space near the center of the intruding men. As he does so, the amulet lets out a faint glow, and the area near where he was focusing seems to shimmer.

The man in the back of the room seems to calm a bit, and he leaves the crossbow slung on his shoulder for now.

Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home ElleDodging and weaving past her pursuers, the half-elf child makes a mad dash for the front door of the inn.

She gets to the door and sticks a key into the lock, turns the key, and opens the door.

When the door opens, a harsh bright white light enters the inn from the other side of the door.

The half-elf girl hurries through, slamming the door shut behind her.

The four men who appeared convinced by Ty'Garn's threates continue glance around, apparently unsure of what to do next, and seeing that the girl has escaped. Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home Vs7HMgT

Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home Morbius%20faceMoribus, very concerned with the goings on, stands up. a faint glow emenates from a jewel in his hand, and there is a shimmer that appears surrounding him.

"What are you idiots doing?" the man at the back of the inn yells at the four frightened men. "Mr. Ipswich will be here any minute, and you let her get away!"

He turns his attention to Ty'Garn. "You, stupid lizard, are going to have some answering to do when Mr. Ipswich gets here. And you, too, dwarf," he says, acknowledging Dwalin's role in waylaying his men from catching the girl.

He touches a mark on the inside of his wrist and continues speaking, this time seemingly to no one.

"She came out in the Inn of the Last Home. Still in Solace. But she got away. Some idiot lizard and a dwarf slowed us down. We'll keep them here for you."

He notices Moribus in the back of the inn, rolls his eyes and sighs.

"We've got a very scary warlock in the back, guys." he says, directed towards the men in the room once again. "Ranged attacks only on him, got it?"
Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home SnusrOl

((Everyone post your actions for round 2))

Breakfast at The Inn of the Last Home 03
Tygarn
Tygarn
TyGarn

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:28 pm

When you say lizard I presume you’re referring to me. Since you’re too dumb to know the difference between a noble dragonborn and a lizard, I’m not surprised. You’ve probably spent more time picking lint out of your bellybutton than learning the world around you, like a typical human. Well, I put a hex on you and your family that your first born never learns to read and, if they already know how to read, I wish they forget how to read.

Bonus action: Hex Curse

While I wait for whatever stupid thing you have in store for me, let’s play.

Eldritch Blast: 15 to hit. 6 damage
avasarala
avasarala
Avasarala

Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:27 am
Ava is so confused by the girl's exit. Why would she use a key on an unlocked door? And wasn't it pouring a few moments ago? Could that light really be the sun or... No. Ava sighs. There's no time. "Wristlet over here isn't going to stop at attacking just the lizard, dwarf, and warlock," she mutters to herself.

Ava races to the enemy leader and tries to hop up onto the bar, but nope. Not gonna happen.
Code:
Athletics(+1)   {2}

Ugh, I should've stretched this morning. I'm getting so ooooooold.

But, behind the bar is still good enough to put a hole into this guy. Ava attacks with her dagger, then vanishes to warm up her muscles with some plies behind the bar.
Code:
Dagger   {8}
Piercing Damage   6
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum